I live in one of if not perhaps the most Vain country in the world.
I just finished watching True Life: I Have Acne, no bullshit…
Damn, are people really that concerned with how they appear
to others to spend thousands on treatments that permanently
alter the condition of their skin? Honestly? Speaking as a person
with mild acne it does get frustrating when I feel A new
pimple coming… But I just chalk it up to genetics and hormones
and keep it moving, I have more important shit to worry about
besides the little bump growing out of my forehead.
These three people did have some serious acne but that is no
reason to take or even consider taking Accutane, a medication
that can severely alter ones mental state, and cause birth defects
among a host of other insane side effects
(taken from drugs.com)
Accutane side effects
” Accutane can cause severe, life-threatening birth defects if the mother takes the medication during pregnancy. Even one dose of Accutane can cause major birth defects of the baby's ears, eyes, face, skull, heart, and brain. Never use Accutane if you are pregnant.
Women of child-bearing potential must agree in writing to use two specific forms of birth control and have regular pregnancy tests before, during, and after taking Accutane. Unless you have had a total hysterectomy or have been in menopause for at least a year, you are considered to be of child-bearing potential.
Accutane is available only under a special program called iPLEDGE. You must be registered in the program and sign agreements to use birth control and undergo pregnancy testing as required by the program. Read all program brochures and agreements carefully.
It is dangerous to try and purchase Accutane on the Internet or from vendors outside of the United States. The sale and distribution of Accutane outside of the iPLEDGE program violates the regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the safe use of this medication.
Accutane can weaken bones. Avoid sports or activities that may result in injury or bone fracture.
Do not donate blood while taking Accutane and for at least 30 days after you stop taking it. Donated blood that is later given to pregnant woman could lead to birth defects in her baby if the blood contains any level of Accutane.
Do not use wax hair removers or have dermabrasion or laser skin treatments while you are taking Accutane and for at least 6 months after you stop taking it. Scarring may result.
Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays (sunlamps or tanning beds). Accutane can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight and sunburn may result. Accutane can cause side effects that may impair your vision, especially at night. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to see clearly.
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using Accutane and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
· depressed mood, trouble concentrating, sleep problems, crying spells, aggression or agitation, changes in behavior, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
· sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
· blurred vision, sudden and severe headache or pain behind your eyes, sometimes with vomiting;
· hearing problems, hearing loss, or ringing in your ears;
· seizure (convulsions);
· severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;
· loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
· severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, black, bloody, or tarry stools;
· fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, purple spots under your skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or
· joint stiffness, bone pain or fracture.
Less serious Accutane side effects may include:
· discomfort with contact lenses;
· joint pain, back pain;
· feeling dizzy, drowsy, or nervous;
· dryness of the lips, mouth, nose, or skin; or
· cracking or peeling skin, itching, rash, changes in your fingernails or toenails.”
Now who in their right fucking mind would consider such an insanely dangerous treatment you ask?
People that have been so influenced by society and the opinions of others that one must be perfect in every way to be seen as socially acceptable.
Vanity will kill you, Stay grounded